Thursday, August 5, 2010

Slice of YUMMINESS!!!!

How YUMMY does this pizza look....ahh let me just tell you it was AWESOME!  As you know I am not a big fan of making dinner UNLESS it is something UBBERLY YUMMY!  I saw this recipe while blog surfing the other night and I knew right away this was going to quickly become a family favorite!  Our 2 favorite things BBQ sauce and PIZZA combined into ONE!!!!  YUM!

One reason I am not a big fan of cooking dinner is because I dislike the amount of time some dishes can take.  Well friends this one takes NO time at all and the kids helped make the dough...oh ya I made the pizza dough too (thanks to Avril who gave me a little extra yeast the other day!)  It took me about 35-40 min from start to finish and I was able to do a few things other then cook during this time.

I didn't get any pictures of the dough making process because I was not planning on making this a blog post but as I got thinking about it I thought WHY NOT this is going to be tasty!!!!  I need to share with my friends!

So you want to know how we did this?  OK then I will direct you to the blog I found it on...she is an amazing artist and has incredible photos of every step....
BBQ Chicken Pizza

Dough

1 1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon sugar
2+ cups flour

Mix yeast in with warm water in bowl stir in oil and sugar.  Add enough flour to make a soft dough.  I had to use about 2 1/4 c of flour.  I used my paddle in my Kitchenaid Mixer (love that thing!) till combined.  Let rest about 5 minutes.  Honestly mine was about 10 minutes because my company was leaving.

I then stretched my dough onto a greased/floured cookie sheet.  I baked a 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  During this time I shredded a rotisserie chicken that I picked up from the grocery store.  I got a day old cold chicken for 3 bucks....wahoo!  Using the rest for chicken salad YUMMMMMMMM







Dough after being baked at 350 degrees for 10 min.  

BEEP BEEP BEEP dough is DONE!  Now it's time for the good stuff BBQ SAUCE!!!  Slab on as much as you want...I did!

Oh how I LOVE BBQ sauce
add some shredded chicken
  Added my chicken....as much as your family will enjoy.  I also added some minced onions because I didn't have any fresh....Zain really wanted some mushrooms but again I didn't have any.  I also added a little black pepper.  

Now add some yummy cheese.  I used MOZ oh so good....put back into oven at 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes.  I made my crust pretty thick (the more dough the better for me) so it took about the full 18 minutes and if I wanted it crispy (love a soft crust) then def would have had to cook it longer...it's all up to how you like it.

During baking time I did the dishes and helped the boyZ clean up their playroom.  Not much to set the table tonight because we just used some paper plates seeing as though I wanted a quick clean up so we could go to Family Night at the KPD (Keene Police Dept)

Add some cheese of your choice MOZ for me!!!!
Do your dishes while it bakes
Try to wait for it to cool.
 {BEEP BEEP BEEP} DINNER IS READY MOM????????  Yes Zain but it is RIPPIN hot we have to wait a few minutes.  That was the HARDEST part because it smelled so YUMMY!!!!

We really really enjoyed this dinner and I would like to thank Alisa Burke for taking time to share this with everyone!  I bet Chris would have been proud of this Mama!!!!  I even left him a piece to try...I wonder if he will????

This blog post took more time then it did for me to make this pizza!

Have a WONDERFUL day!

~K





2 comments: