Saturday, February 19, 2011

Money Saving Excitements!

I LOVE saving money!  I want to do it more often!!!  I want to be that person who goes into the grocery store with a stack of coupons and walks out with a cart full of items for $40 bucks!

Well friends, I am not going to be that person sitting here thinking about it!  It takes work to be able to save that kind of money!  For the past 2 weeks I have been clipping coupons, grabbing coupons at the store,  visiting coupon websites like http://www.couponsuzy.com/ or  http://www.couponmom.com/ (there are so many out there) signing up to receive the local flyers in the mail...Hannafords, Price Chopper, Shaws, and Market Basket.  I made sure my CVS card was up to date, I even bought a binder for my coupons (seriously?!?).  Now that I have my tools in place I feel as though I am ready to work on saving my family some money!!!  I know that it is not going to happen over night.  I must be patient!  This is a good lesson for myself...I keep telling Zain he NEEDS to be patient..things don't always come when YOU want them....now I have to follow my own advice!

There are so many blogs out there to help with this money saving life style change.  You have to stock buy.  Some weeks you may buy tons of meat and not much of anything else...OR the next week you may buy 8 packs of dog treats.

I am really addicted to saving money!!!  I can not wait to see what I can do!

The best thing that I have discovered while researching money saving tips is how to save on DIAPERS!!  We use fuzzibunz cloth diapers here at home, but we still buy disposable for overnight and when we leave our house.  I think we save on average about 3 diapers a day which is about 90 diapers a month.  That is almost a box of diapers that I would buy at Target for $20.00 WITH coupons.  UNTILL NOW!!!  I signed up for Amazon Moms at amazon.com/baby I get free 2 day shipping right to my house...yes I do NOT have to drag 2 boyzz, sometimes 3boyzzz out in the freezing cold NH weather to buy a box of diapers!  


Amazon sells a package of 152 Pamper Swaddlers Size 2-3 for regular price 46.99.  Because I am an Amazon Mom member I get a discounted price of $41.99 and free 2 day shipping....already it is better then T because I would have to spend $50.00 to get free shipping from them.  Ok now let's talk about what happens if you subscribe to have your diapers sent to you every month, or every 2 months....your price now goes down 30%  $29.39 is what you will be spending.  Oh did I mention that as soon as you see your diapers have been shipped you can cancel your subscription!!  


$29.39 is a really great price for 152 Pamper Swaddlers!!!!!  BUT the savings does not need to stop there!!!  Amazon puts out 20% off coupons in magazines.  American Baby click here to request your magazines (which is FREE) Parents, and others...just keep your eyes open...you can also use 2 coupons on ONE order!  I just used 2 that expire next week on one box and my total price for 152 diapers was......................................................$12.59  HOW EXCITING!!!!  I may have done a little dance :o)


I hope that this helps some of you save on diapers!!!  


Do you have any savings tips and tricks you can share?


Till next time......


-Kylah

No comments:

Post a Comment